Saturday, December 26, 2009

Easy Knitted Hats



Here's something a little different...I have been knitting since I was about 5 years old. I have mastered the fine art of "knit" and "purl", I can whip up a mean Barbie sleeping bag and tube top (not sure that they go together, but whatever), I can make a long, very long scarf, I can make afghans (4 baby ones and 1 toddler size this year already) I can even make you a washcloth (the best darn washcloth you'd ever use), I can NOT however do anything other than "knit" and "purl"! I have books and magazines that I pour over and wish, wish, wish I had the patience to learn a new stitch, I'd be really happy just to figure out how to read a pattern. So when it comes to finding a pattern, it has to be easy and only use knit and purl.


I love Debbie Macomber and one of my favorite series of books is the Blossom Street books about a yarn shop and all that goes on there. In conjunction with Leisure Arts, Debbie Macomber has written 4 (that I know of) pattern books that go along with her book series-clever idea! I read pattern books like I do cookbooks and novels (and People Magazine)--from cover to cover. One of them had this cute pattern for these hats and since it has only knit and purl stitches, I knew for sure that I could handle it. Arin liked them as well and wanted me to make a few for his friends for Christmas. These are a few of the hats that I made. If you can knit and purl, you should pick up one of these pattern books and give 'er a try. Each one takes me about 2 nights to whip up and I'm so excited to have something new to add the repertoire!

"Knit Along with Debbie Macomber" back on Blossom Street A Leisure Arts Publication










No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, I love your comments!